That being said, last week we met with our (potential) caterer. Mr. Potatoes and I are really relaxed people and we felt like we connected instantly with Jim from Larry's Market.
![]() | ||
| Photo from Larry's Market homepage, click picture for link. |
As soon as we stepped inside, we felt like home. There were a few customers in front of us at the counter but we were greeted and told they'll be with us shortly (with a huge smile). We walked around for a bit before we were able to talk with Jim. They also run a small store and deli along with catering.
Before I even made the appointment to meet with Jim, I went to weddingbee.com and did some research. Then I compiled a list of questions I wanted to ask. The best thing I did was also print out all the menus and their policy's so I could add extra notes to them as we were chatting. I'm not really a technologically savvy person having a hard copy was great!
I had a different list of questions than a lot of brides to because our venue does not cater, nor do they have a kitchen (just a room for prep). Here's a list of questions I was ready to ask. The best part is because Larry's does so much catering, Jim was able to answer most of my questions before I even had to ask! Plus he took some time to just learn about us and what kind of couple we are.
![]() | |
| Personal image made on paint.net |
The answers he gave me were absolutely fantastic! He was incredibly thorough and we are very happy with how the meeting went. On Monday or Tuesday, I'll be calling to set up a taste testing! I'm very excited about it! We brought home some food from the deli for dinner and it was spectacular (even re-heated)!
Do you think I asked enough questions? Are there any questions I didn't ask? Apparently, I'm the first person to ask how many other events to the cater the same day! I thought that was a no-brainer!


No comments:
Post a Comment