Sunday, January 17, 2016

#96 Playing with Inviations

All week I've been dreading today. It is FREEZING in Wisconsin! So, naturally, I decided to play with some invitation on vistaprint.com to see if I like anything. Check out this awful temperature:
"Feels like -20"! Are you kidding me. (Personal pic)
Last April(ish), I hosted about 6 girls at my house. We made my BFFs wedding invitations, assembly-line style. We had a lot of fun. We cut, stamped, glued, taped about 150 for her. I do love paper crafting and scrap-booking. The thing I don't like is spending more money on hand-made invitations than on pre-printed ones. She told me it was approximately the same cost for her. I just don't want to deal with the hassle.

Also, I was chatting with Mr. P and we are both concerned about our neighbors regarding our RSVPs. They're elderly and wonderful people. We share a house (we're upper story, they're lower story). Our mailboxes are right next to each other. Sometimes the gentleman will bring our mail in for us or just grab it from the mail carrier. What worries me is he's held some of our mail for a couple of days at one point. We've chatted with both of them about it, however since he has dementia (sad), he doesn't remember it.

What I've decided to do it rent a Post Office Box for our wedding RSVPs and return address on our Invitations. I can't really think of another way to make sure they stay safe and get returned to us safely. We'd just do the smallest box for $60 for the year. Not a big deal anyway. We were considering getting a P.O. for a few years now, so this is as good of time as any. Alas, I degress.

So, down to the fun stuff. I did my Vista Print stuff and made up some fun-looking invitations and RSVP cards. I don't think you need to see the RSVPs so I won't share those. All pics from here are just edited Screen Shots of Vista Print Wedding Invitations. I blurred out some information because of the personal nature.

 Here's the first one:
I really do like this one. However, for a June wedding I do feel it may be too dark. It also only used one of our wedding colors (turquoise, purple, and gold). Plus, gold is just an accent color. Not necessarily as the main color that I want our invitations to be. I just really like the style. Very simple, clean, classic.

This one more signifies our colors. Of course, there isn't purple in it. I actually like that there isn't purple. I can always leave that for the RSVP cards. I just like the little globe lights. As you may recall, we're getting married at a park and our reception will be in a converted barn. I think the casualness of this makes me feel calm. 
Now this one is all about the purple. All about the casual. All about the whimsy. I'm not all about the whimsy. I do think it's kinda cute though. I just wish it was more multi-color than just purple. It's also not the right shade of purple. Also, is this one too busy? There's just a lot going on and I feel some of our older guests may get confused by it.
I do really like this one. The purple and gold is so regal and elegant. Now the problem with this is it too formal. The classy bold lines just modern enough that it is not too formal? The M/S at the top bothers me a bit though. I may just hate this invitation for the sole reason I hate that banner. LOL!
I do like the formality of this invitation though. I think the colors are spot on. Turquoise is our main color. I can always use purple and gold in the RSVP cards along with turquoise accents so they actually blend well. You can see I went with a different quote here. I made a list of my favorite love quotes and tried to pick ones that fit the invitation theme.
I admit: this is my favorite one. A thing Mr. P and I do is do the <3 thing to each other. I love there are hearts in the sky. We also love star-gazing. The quote is from a song my family loves to sing "I love in the morning and in the afternoon, I love you in the evening and underneath the moon". I think it fits this invitation perfectly.
I haven't shared any of these invitations with Mr. P yet. I think when I do, I'll only share a few of them. The hearts in the stars one, he'll probably hate. LOL. If only because of how cheesy it is. I think cheesy is ok. Especially considering we're both from the Dairy State (Wisconsin, duh).

Unfortunately, I need to send out approximately 200 of these bad boys. I'm hoping I can find a great discount code or maybe even Groupon? Do the even have Groupons for Vista Print? That'd be amazing!

Regarding our RSVPs: although I can get them printed by Vista Print, I may just end up printing them at home. I have no problem doing this. They'd just be postcard RSVP cards anyway. A bunch of my friends said they'd come help anyway, so it's not like I'd be doing them all myself.

What do you think? I tried to pick some fun invitations, while also picking some formal ones. What are your thoughts about printing my own RSVP cards? Is it worth the hassle?

No comments:

Post a Comment