Friday, January 22, 2016

#100 I just bought my Little White Dress

As you may remember, I have been trying to find my Little White Dress (LWD) for a long time. Seriously, it's been close  to 2 years. I knew it would take a while. That is why I started so long ago. I'm very excited about it, too! I'll share my LWD with you at the bottom of this post because it's not nearly as important as, oh I don't know, say, my wedding dress ;).

So here we go. I made my LWD Pinterest board many many moons ago. Are you surprised I created a LWD board? No, you shouldn't be, lol. I've already told you I am addicted to Pinterest. So, I also went to David's Bridal to try on dress with BFF C. That was awful. My consultant was terrible. When I gave her free reign, she just chose something along the same lines as I was choosing. Joke.

BFF C took lots of pictures. On my phone. My phone reset itself. I lost all the pictures. That makes me sad. Well, I didn't buy them anyway, so I guess it's not that terrible. I'll try to remember what I tried on and I'll share them here. #1 and #2 I am 100% sure I tried on. The rest, not really...well anyhow, here we go!


First I tried on this SUPER adorable dress. I would have bought this dress on the spot if it wouldn't have been about triple my intended budget. It was also 2 sizes to small and I was holding it up by my arms. It is a lot cuter on me than on that ridiculous model. Who stands like that anyway? She looks like a Schmuck. Source



I really liked this dress. It's super adorable and super comfortable. There is a raised polka dot pattern on the dress itself which is super fun. Obviously, the major problem with this dress is the length! HAHA. It also doesn't quite fit with my romantic rustic theme I'm trying to go for. I do love the fact it is a halter top instead of strapless, though. Source
After I was done trying on actual wedding dresses, I went to bridesmaid dresses. I did try on one white prom dress. It was awful. Here are 2 of the BM dresses I tried on:
This dress was a lot better on the hanger than it was on me. Really. It laid weird on my broad shoulders. It was also too small which is neither here nor there. It was the right length. Just the wrong color. I was hoping for white, but I was trying on purple too. The price was right though. Source
This is a gorgeous dress. It was beautiful on me as well. It was a bit wonky on my hips, though. There was just 1 problem. It did not come in white. That was disappointing to me. It is super comfortable though! I highly recommend this dress to anyone. It'd also be great for a rehearsal dinner outfit! Source
So...are you just chomping at the bit to see my LWD?! Ok, I won't keep you waiting any longer...No wait, I will. I went (totally on a whim) to LaneBryant.com to just take a peek around. I was just looking for looking's sake. I found my dress. On clearance. For $30. No seriously. Plus, I had a discount code for 30% off.

I was having major problems placing my order however. When I went to click on ship. It wouldn't. So, I took a moment to do live chat. Not only did I get the 30% off, I got free shipping to my house. I was just going to do free shipping to store (it's normally $8 to ship to your home). I'm so excited. Here she is. Once I try it on at my home, I'll post a pic of me in it :)


I tried on this dress a few months ago when it was just on sale. I couldn't bite the bullet because I wasn't sold on the pink belt. I still don't like it, but for $30, I'll definitely be able to change it without feeling too badly about it. HA. I'm so excited. Isn't it adorable. Picture that with similar strappy white heels. Done and done. Source
So, what do you think? I am absolutely thrilled. *Squee*. I'm fairly certain I have an idea when I'll change dresses. I'll wear my wedding dress during the ceremony, pictures, first dance, and dinner. I'll be changing for the actual dancing part though. I'm a HUGE dancer, so I definitely need to change so I can let my hair down and cut foot loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment