![]() |
| Source |
Aside from that, Monkeybean Photography, out of Grafton, Wisconsin, is a good option. We met with Abby Schroeder who is the owner of the business. It's actually funny, Abby looks incredibly like my friend E. When we pulled up, I actually thought it was E, not Abby. Their personalities are very similar as well.
Anyhow, Abby went through about 5 different weddings she's shot in the last 1.5 years. It was a great meeting. As we were looking through pictures, she was able to show us what her style was and explain some of her policies. We were also able to ask questions. Of course, when I say "we asked questions", I really mean "I asked questions". Mr. P is not a man of many words when it comes to photographers (he was silent most of the time, lol).
Abby was very nice and easy to talk to. She was very enthusiastic about photography which made me happy. She was able to laugh through her computer running slow (I understand). She chatted knowledgeably about her style and vision. She talked about being able to customize her photography packages, which is always nice. I look forward to chatting with her in the coming week.
![]() |
| Source |
On Friday, I'm going to be meeting with Wendy Schreier who is owner of Wendy Schreier Photography. I've been chatting with her through e-mail and look forward to meeting her in person. Her reviews are great and the work she has on her website looks wonderful. The other great thing is she replies to e-mails super quick!
Updated: 1/29.
Tonight, I met with Wendy. I had my list of questions at the ready. We just sat and chatted for a little bit over a cup of tea, then we got down to the nitty gritty. But, not really. While I was asking questions, we were just chatting away. I felt like I was talk to one of my friends I haven't seen in a while, not someone I just met. We were laughing, chatting, joking. It was amazingly chill.
She was able to answer all my questions easily and candidly tell me stories about some of the other couples she's worked with. I try not to give strangers panic attacks, but I did, LOL. I asked her if she has backing up our photographs. She mentioned one of a photographers greatest fears is losing photos. Then I asked if something should happen to her that she cannot shoot, if there was a back-up plan. Of course she does. I just need to know for my own record. HAHA. I truly don't mean to frighten people, it just happens sometimes.
Anyhow, there we were at Panera, just chatting away and Mr. P walks in the door. The meeting was at 4, so I didn't expect him to come. He didn't come until 5:40 ish. Right. Wendy and I were just chatting the hour and forty minutes away before he came. HAHAHA. I take that as a good sign that we were able to get on so well that we didn't even realize how long we actually were there. Anyway, I'm glad Mr. P had a chance to flip through the book of pictures Wendy brought with her. Wendy did not make my job easy in regards to finding a photographer. Plus: I have another meeting on Monday! Ugh.
![]() |
| Source |
Update 2/3: I met with Cassie tonight for tea and talk. My first problem was she made me wait for 5 minutes before she showed up. I was there on time, I'm not sure where she was. Anyhow, first we chatted about ourselves and got to know each other (which is always nice). We did that for a while, actually. I only got around to my questions in the last 30 minutes or so. Even at that, we didn't even really get a full chance to answer all the questions.
I was able to look at a few albums on her iSomething. I actually like the picture I saw on Monday than the ones I saw online, which was weird to me. I think Cassie would be an excellent option. I really like some of the work she's done. She gave me an interesting thought about our engagement pictures as I really wasn't going to have them done since we're so close to our wedding date. She reminded me that e-pics gives us the opportunity to meet with the photographer and interact with her before our wedding.
![]() |
| Source |
What was the hardest part about choosing a photographer for you? Did you have a FH who was on the verge of disinterested in the prospects?




No comments:
Post a Comment