Thursday, January 21, 2016

#99 Exercise: my least favorite "E" word.



Source
Today, after work, I went shopping. First I went to Lane Bryant. Do NOT judge me. They had ALL their clearance for BOGO Free. I'm always looking for super cute clothes to wear to work or just out on the town. Plus, I found a super cute Green Bay Packers shirt and an earrings and necklace set! Awesome :)

What I am doing know is drinking my delicious Golden Monkey tea from Teavana and watching Family Feud with Mr. P. It was a very cold day in Wisconsin. I'm also thinking about first dress fitting which happened a couple weeks ago. I was incredibly nervous for my it. I had every right to be.
  1.  I bought my wedding dress 4 (4!) years ago
  2.  I last tried on my dress 2 years ago
  3.  I have (obviously) gained some weight since then
  4.  I have no idea if it'll fit
  5.  I have no idea if I'll even still like the dress
So. I tried it on. For the very first time in 2 years. I almost started crying. Which in turn made my seamstress (Sarah) almost start crying (she was definitely tearing up). Which made my friend S almost start crying. LOL. It was a very emotional time. Any how. I fell in love with my dress all over again. :)
Plus a major happy dance! Source
Now, the only problem I have is my dress doesn't zip all the way. At the top, it's open about 1 1/2 inches. *sigh*. I was just so thrilled that it fit through my waist/stomach area. There's a few options that can be done with the dress. My least favorite is adding a corset back. I really don't want a corset back. I think they're beautiful. Mr. P? Not so much. I want him to think I'm gorgeous on the day of and having a corset back will NOT help the matter. Sarah is currently letting out the seams of the dress. Hopefully that'll help the process.

Now, what am I doing to help the process? I'll tell you. I'm going to start doing some arm exercises to get rid of some of my super duper sexy back fat! LOL! So, I went and scoured Pinterest (yeah, like that was so hard for me to do) to find some arm exercises to do such a thing. Man, I love Pinterest. I found so many tutorials there, I couldn't even stand it.
Source
I think we've come to the point in our relationship (that is to say you the reader and myself) that I can safely tell you this without being judged:
Hello, my name is Wisconsin Mashed Potatoes and I am addicted to Pinterest.
Wow, that felt great to get off my chest! Now, on to the not so fun stuff exercises. I picked a few of my favorites and I'll share them with you just below. Now, take into account, I've never done anything specific to lose weight, just watching what I'm eating. I also keep track of how many steps I walk during the day. I used to walk closer to 10,000, now I'm averaging around 8,500. I still think that's really good, though it's just at work typically.

Here are the exercises I picked out that I'll do, depending on how I feel that day:
So, then I went to Amazon.com and decided to buy some light-weight dumbbells (3, 5, and 8 pound). Today I received my package in the mail. It was flat. I'm like WTH? Then I realized I had only ordered the dumbbell rack, not the actual dumbbells, LOL. Alright. I went back to Amazon and realized that actually buying dumbbells is kinda expensive. So, I went to Ebay.com and found them for cheaper. I only bought the 3 pound right now. I'll buy the bigger ones when I'm ready to go on.

Now that that is under control, I'll be getting my first set of dumbbells before Tuesday, so I don't have to wait too long. So, as I wait...

I also pinned this NO RUNNING 20 minute cardio work-out. I think doing this once a week would be alright, maybe more depending on how I feel. I probably won't feel like doing it too much because I will definitely be too lazy a lot.

Do you have any exercises that you recommend for back fat or just losing weight in general that does NOT involve running. I hate running. Will this actually work? I really hope this helps, even a little bit.
No really, I'm serious. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment