Saturday, January 2, 2016

#87 [Wedding] Will you be my...




Sarah Lyn, do not make me call mom! I said go away!

Oh my goodness. Time is dwindling and I still have yet to formally ask my sister to be my Matron of Honor! However, it does make me feel a lot better that, although I haven't asked her to be my MOH, she already knows. Unlike Mr. P who has yet to ask he Best Man. Also, Mr. P's BM doesn't know he's going to be asked except everyone else does since they're best friends. Plus, BM's wife just had a baby and I want to see her, so there's our excuse for visiting and Mr. P asking BM to be his BM. 

We are quite the bunch of procrastinators, aren't we?

She's known since the day I was born that we'd be each others MOHs. We are only 17 months apart in age. I was her Maid of Honor at her wedding in 2010. I mean seriously. Both our shoes match our dresses. Check out how awesome and super adorable we are!
Personal pic taken by mama P
Anyhow. I've been playing around with how to formally ask her to be my MOH. Unfortunately, we live about 4 hours from each other so I need to send this in the mail. First, I came up with a list of stuff she likes:
  • Pink
  • Camouflage
  • Jack Daniels
  • Me (lol)
  • Her son
  • Getting all dolled up
  • Scheming Planning
So. That's not a fantastic list. I've decided to fill one of those flat-rate, $5.95 to ship boxes with a few things that remind her how much she means to me and ask her to be my MOH at the same time. 

Although my wedding colors will never, ever, ever be pink and camouflage (I hate pink and camouflage) do not match her favorite colors, I'm going to use those anyway. Plus, including a little bottle of liquor never hurt anyone. Here's what she's getting:

"No Ugly Crying" handkerchief. I was going to make this myself, but I decided I was too lazy. I bought it for $10 on Amazon.
Source





Don't forget that tiny bottle of Jack. I'll be picking this up from my local liquor store.
Source



I also purchased a copy of Bridesmaid: Unrated from Amazon for $5. 
Source
Then because I'm the super crafty type. I am! Don't laugh at me! I'll also be making her a card asking her to be my MOH. I haven't yet decided if I want it to be funny or sentimental. Or maybe I'll just do both and then she can have both. Plus, I'll be lining the inside of the box with camouflage paper and coloring the outside of the box in pink marker. I really, Really, REALLY HATE the color pink, so this will be incredibly painful for me. I just need to keep reminding myself that I love my sister very much.
                              
                                     Sentimental Source
Funny Source



So, what do you think? I don't have the box done yet, so I can't take any pictures. Plus, I want to wait until she at least gets the box! I can't wait. I know she'll say yes (she's been planning my shower for the past 3 years) and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment