Sunday, November 1, 2015

#85 [Wedding] Picture of Ceremony Location

A couple weekends ago, Future-Mother-In-Law Potatoes visited. She drove in Friday night and stayed through breakfast with me on Monday. We had a fantastic weekend!

Part of our adventures included showing her where our ceremony was going to be. So, I stole some pictures from her so I could show you :) All photos are personal.


The cliff looking down.

The pretty pretty view.

Yup, this is the view our guests will have with us standing right in the middle. On the cliff, not the beach.
FMIL-P took this pic of us. Aww.
We are so excited to have our wedding by the Lake. We are huge water people. Not necessarily water sports, but more like water enthusiasts! When we lived a little further north, we were 2 blocks from Lake Michigan. Now we're about 1 mile from it. 

When I called the groundskeeper of Virmond Park she was absolutely thrilled about us having our wedding there. Actually, she told me it was way too early to apply for our date in June, but she said she'd hold it for us anyway. 

The only point to contention is we are new to the Milwaukee are and live in Milwaukee County which is just south of Ozaukee County (which is where the park is), so we'd have to pay out of county rates (double, ugh). As I was chatting with her, I came to the sudden realization that Mr. Potatoes works in Ozaukee County! I promptly mentioned that to her. She asked where, then gave us county rates! SCORE!

There's only a few things we need to get for the ceremony: 
  • Some chairs for seating (although, I don't think everyone needs one, just some for the old people, lol)
  • A generator for music and mics (there is no electricity there)
  • A tent (in case it rains). However, with our rental company, this can be done last minute.
  • Some kind of decoration (we're not allowed to use rice or petals)
We have to have mics for the ceremony! I love my friends, but the last 2 outdoor weddings we went to, we couldn't hear anything because there were no mics. Such a disappointment. I know they mean well, but when you start saying your vows, you start crying, and you start talking more quiet.   

So, we were recommended to Suburban Rental in Mequon. What a pain in the butt. They don't have a website. What kind of company doesn't have a website?! So, we'll plan to make a trip out there in the next couple of weeks. That was about the only place I was even given to rent from, so hopefully that'll work out. 

Did you have mics at your outdoor wedding? How many chairs did you get for your outdoor ceremony?

No comments:

Post a Comment