Monday, January 18, 2016

#97 Centerpiece Inspiration

Centerpieces. Literally the centerpiece of your dining table. Or, in my case, the centerpiece of the tables at my wedding. When FSIL moved last year, she graciously gifted us all of her wedding paraphernalia. It consists of tons of candle holders and (more importantly) wine bottles. 

I have to admit: I've never been a huge fan of floral centerpieces. So, I scoured the interwebs and Pinterest to find some non-floral centerpieces. There are some gorgeous ones out there! Plus, (as an added bonus) I found some inspiration from my local specialty food mart that does weddings flowers. I didn't even know that! They do have some gorgeous ideas!

Source for both
Simple, gorgeous elegant.

I wouldn't necessarily go with the ... umm ... orchids(?), and I have to have my candles enclosed, but I do love the simplicity of the arrangements. Plus, I'd want to add a bit more. Like prop them up on books or something to raise them off the table a bit. We're having a combination of rectangular and round banquet tables for our dinner, so I need to come up with some interesting displays.
Source
Are you f-ing kidding me?!?!? I LOVE lilacs (they are my absolute favorite flower). As much as I do not want flowers, I may just have to use this idea. Lilacs in a mason jar. Is that a little too rustic? I don't know. I don't care. Just looking at the picture, I can smell lilacs. I have very fond memories of my Auntie S's back yard. It had 3 or 4 HUGE lilac bushes and we always picked lilacs with her during their prime season. :)
Source
Or how about this gorgeous centerpiece idea for our rectangle tables? I can easily build that box. Paint it in one of our wedding colors (or a medium stain). Use fresh greens instead of fall leaves. Done and done. I just think it's so simple. That's what Mr. P and myself are all about. Simple, simple, simple. I have a lot of LED candles (I bought them on super close-out at work). What about combing those candles with...
Source
  
Source

 ...vintage map wrapped candles. How adorable are those votive candles! I'm all about maps. Our theme isn't really travel though, so I may change out the maps to...? I could use decorative scrap book paper. I could use old sheet music. I could use re-pros of old letters. The possibilities are endless. 

Oh my gosh this idea is so adorable too! I also have lots of chalk-board paint. Plus painters tape (I work at a hardware store). Then chalk. Finally butcher's twine. I have that all. I do really love this idea. As an added bonus to getting those LED candles on super close-out, we are going to have a lot of children there, so this would make things a lot safer for them. Plus, it'd put parent's minds at ease to know their children aren't around open flames. Those hear jars. I'm definitely doing those. Unless, of course, Mr. P hates them. In which case I'll tell him to to bugger off and that I'm doing it anyway. 



Source on Etsy for $10 per bottle!
Source
 Or, how about these super awesome wine bottles. As the centerpiece (with some small stuff around it). As an added bonus, they'll also hold table numbers! Of course, I'd print the numbers a bit better than what's shown their. How awesome is that! I guess I can see how she can charge $10 for the bottle, that includes custom painting, but for the table numbers as well? Get your own. Or do your own! HAHA. The one on the right uses puffy paint and chalk-board paint. Did I ever tell you I'm a pro at puffy paint?! That would be so easy to do. We could use wine bottles as we're not big champagne drinkers. Date, names, hashtag, the list goes on and on.
Source

How about this entire centerpiece? Combine the chalk-board painted wine bottles with the cork heart. OR!!! What about the cork in the shape of the table number? Add a votive candle things. Holy shit, doesn't that sound a bit corny? I think it's super cute. However I may just save this idea for our next anniversary. HA. Or, the head table? I think that heart would be super amazing. How easy to make, too! Hot glue, baby. I love my hot glue gun. Did you know that? 

So, there you have it (as Auntie SH would say). I think that gives you some idea as to what I want to do with our centerpieces. Basically something other than flowers with some accents of greens and maybe a little flower (like lilacs) on the side. 

What are your thoughts? Did you do non-floral dominant centerpieces? What did yours look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment