Saturday, January 2, 2016

#88 [Wedding] Who we are. What we do.

Mr. P and I have been dating since May 8, 2007. We met at a frat party where Mr. P was going to undergrad. This is going to sound totally cliche' but I definitely knew from the day I met him, I wanted to be with him. We decided, while on a walk down by the river, to try things out; if it works, great, if not it was worth the try. We were both moving out of town (Madison for Mr. P, Milwaukee for me), so it wouldn't be easy.
Personal pic. OMG we were babies!

So, we started our LDR. Ugh, that was awful. He went to school Monday through Friday. I worked Tuesday through Sunday. If I visited him, I sat home alone while he was in school. If he visited me, he sat home alone while I was working.

Then on a cold Friday we went out to a bar in downtown Milwaukee with 3 of our closest friends. We were all completely drunk. My roommate told me Mr. P and I should just get married already. So I turned to Mr. P and asked him to marry me. He said no, of course. Then I kept on asking him and he kept repeating, no drunken proposals. After about 20 minutes he said "if I say yes, will you shut up?". That awesomeness was February 8, 2008.
Personal pic. Right before we got engaged. Still babies.
We decided to wait to get married. We were so young. Then from Madison we moved back to my hometown. We were going to get married in September 2012. We looked at venues. We started researching. Then I got fired. That put an immediate halt to our wedding plans. Luckily we didn't put any money down. We had none to put towards a wedding.

In 2014 we started looking at venues again after we were more settled in our new location and new jobs. Then we decided to move again. I wanted to get married. However, I knew I needed to find another job that was wouldn't be stressing me out so much.
Personal pic from 2014.

We moved back to Milwaukee in February 2015. I started my new job. Mr. P started a new job as well. Then we decided we should actually get married.

Originally we planned on doing 2 weddings. Having a SMALL civil ceremony and dinner with <50 of our nearest and dearest then having a 1 year anniversary party along the lines of a normal wedding reception. We had that planned for about 6 months. 

However from the  small group of nearest and dearest we told, they were COMPLETELY against it. So, we've decided to have a full-out wedding. This year. This year?!?! Holy cow.
Taken 12/31/15 by friend

No comments:

Post a Comment