Tuesday, January 12, 2016

#94 DIY Will you be my MOH (and I can't send hooch in the mail)


Ok, so I went to the Post Office so I could pick up my flat-rate shipping box. I then stopped by the counter to chat with the P.O. clerk. I've dealt with him a bunch of times. I asked him if I could send my sister a small bottle of Jack Daniels. He said no; they do not have a liquor license. So, I can't send my sister a bottle of hooch. :/

Therefore, in return, I sent my sister chocolate, caramel, rock candy, and chocolate dip pretzels. I think that almost makes up for not being able to send her hooch.

All pictures from here on out are personal

So, I took the box, lined it with camouflage paper. Added "Dear Sarah" at the top and filler 'er up!

First, take your piece of paper, use some double-sided tape on the back, then paste it into your box. I then took some alphabet letters, added some more tape, and taped them right above the camouflage paper in the box. Feel free to add whatever kind of paper and letters you like.


Line the box
That's the hardest part. BAM done. Then buy all the awesome crap stuff you plan on inserting in the box. I layered the box first with the Bridesmaids DVD that I actually have never watched in my entire life. It's actually quite hilarious. Then I thought I should have even more movies that would be good for a girl's night in. However, I didn't add that into the box.
Add bride's choice DVD or Blu-Ray
I knew I've always wanted to get her a handkerchief. The other thing is I wanted to embroidery "No Ugly Crying" on it. Unfortunately, I really didn't want embroider anything. So, I bought one that was pre-done. Can we say lazy? LOL.
Add neatly folded hankerchief
Then came the little bit extras. I went to the chocolate store in the mall near me. Have I ever told you how much I hate shopping malls? No? Well, let me tell you, I do. Ugh. So I went to Kilwin's. I've never been before that that was wonderful. I got a few different chocolates for Sister and a cup of ice cream for myself. Anyway, I also chose to wrap them in a little tissue before putting them in the box so there would be a little surprise.


Kilwin's Chocolate
Wrap that up!
Second to last, you need to enclose your card or letter. I decided on a hand-written letter. I think it means more than just a pre-designed card. I wrote some funny, some serious, and lots of memories. I blurred out most of the letter. It's so personal. Just write from your heart. However, don't forget to include the question: Will you be my __________?!


Then of course fold it up, sticker it closed, and add it to the box!
See the second to last line?














Of course, the most important part is to tape it closed and ship it off the that important someones. Mine was dropped off today at the P.O. The clerk looked at it kinda fun for no other reason that I used fun tape on it instead of clear packing tape. That is about it. The only other tip I can give you is to set up an account on usps.com. The reason I did is because I actually send flat-rate boxes quite a bit. The account at USPS actually gets you a discount on your shipping label. It's less than $1, but still worth it. Plus, you don't have to stand in line at the P.O.
Make sure to pre-print your label at home!
I was texting my sister last night making sure she didn't move. Then of course she asked me why. This was our awesome conversation.
  • Me: Expect a small package before the end of the week.
  • Sister: Really? of what. and Why?
  • M: Surprise. But as a hit they wouldn't let me send Jack. Bastards.
  • S: Lol, oh boy
  • M: No. I'm serious. So, I sent out something almost equally as good. Almost.
  • S: I love you.
  • M: You'll love this. Promise
My sister is awesome. I'm so lucky I get to share my special day with her. I put it in the letter, but I said "I couldn't imagine spending my big day with any one else by my side".


ETA: SHE SAID YES!!! :-)
Not only did my sister say yes, she posted this pic. I love her reply to my snarky letter:
Picture from unknown source stolen from Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment