Friday, August 21, 2015

#84 [Wedding] Day Accessories

From goodreads.com

GO AWAY MR. POTATOES. THIS POST DOES NOT CONCERN YOU!
As most of you wonderful readers know, I bought my dress in February 2012. That is also when I bought my veil and hair accessory. I still love everything! I just wanted to share with you the details. However, I won't share my dress. HAHA. The wait will be over June 11, I promise :).

First, when I went shopping, the ONLY thing I knew I wanted in my dress is a cathedral-length veil. I didn't know/care about anything else. I just knew I wanted one. One of the consultants tried putting me in a ... umm ... finger-tip length veil (I think that was what it was) and I despised it. Then she put that weird head-band thingy on my head. I'm just like puh-lease. 
<Personal photo> I'm so over this look.
So, anyhow, I then tried on my dress. OMG. I started laughing my @$$ off. The consultant was confused, my mom was confused, my BFF was confused, lol. I was laughing because it was the dress and I was trying to cover up my tears of happiness. HA!

So that's the funny story of my dress-buying experience. Now, I will share with you all the details of what I bought that day.

The Veil: Cathedral Length Veil with Beaded Edge. It is now on final clearance at DB for only $130. From the DB website:
  • Accented with a beautiful bugle bead embellished edge.
  • Floral swirl design adds a modern twist.
  • Measures 108" long by 72" wide. 

<Source>
Then, I felt like I needed something for my hair for the reception because I plan on taking my veil off after pictures. So I came up with a flower hair piece. I thought it was pretty and kinda sassy with the feathers. I also have dark hair, so this just seemed like the perfect match for me. It's on final sale at DB for only $70. From the DB website:
  • Features flower accented with a beautiful casted rhinestone/crystal center.
  • Feather sprays add an extra touch of romance.
  • Measures 5" in diameter.

On Tuesday, I went out with 2 friends for Pedis, dinner, and dessert. Between dinner and dessert, we stopped at Payless just to look. I tried on a couple pairs of shoes. Including a stunning pair of RED patent leather heels (added bonus: super comfortable). Unfortunately, I have NO use for red heels. I went on their website the next morning and found them in white. So, I quickly called Payless and placed my order for the awesome shoes. From the Payless site:
  • Sturdy upper and durable manmade materials mean long-lasting good looks
  • Soft jersey lining enfolds your foot in comfort
  • Cushiony memory foam insole offers soft support for all-day wear
  • Flexible outsole makes walking easy
Sounds like a great pair of shoes for a wedding. It's actually the same brand that I wore for my FSIL's wedding. That night I NEVER took off my shoes! They were so comfortable!
<Source>
So, there you have it: my partial wedding day look. Now, off to try on LWD so I have a reception dress I can dance the night away in! Speaking of dancing...I also purchased Solemates for my shoes since we're having an outdoor ceremony and I do not want to sink in to the grass.

I purchased them from amazon.com. I'm fairly certain I actually purchased knock-offs because I'm super cheap I got 6 pairs (3 sizes, 2 colors) for only $8 (from Prime). I've already put them on my heels and they fit beautifully. I plan on sharing them with my MOH and mama Potatoes if they need them as well! Of course since I bought them in August, they're no longer available, but here's what they looked like:
Image from my personal orders on Amazon.com
So, what do you think? I soooooo want to share my dress with you, but I have to wait until after we're married. By the way, my dress is hanging in my kitchen (tallest closet) because I'm waiting to have alterations done. It is absolutely killing Mr. Potatoes that he can't look at it. 

She'll be here at least a month before I start alterations. One of my previous co-workers is actually a professional seamstress (yes, she makes bridal and BM dresses from scratch as well). She did the alterations from my floor-length BM dress I ordered from FSIL Potatoes wedding last August. I wouldn't dream of bringing her anywhere else!

Her name is Sarah Ratzlaff. You can find her on Facebook or just message me and I'd be happy to send you her information! She truly does amazing work! Seriously, check out this awesome picture of me standing next to my FSIL Potatoes. We both had our alterations done. FSIL P from the bridal salon, myself from Sarah. She added the halter strap to a strapless dress, took in the bust, and hemmed that super sheer fabric. It looks like it came that way from the manufacturer.
Personal photo, straight outta Facebook

I'm going to be booking my appointment with Sarah next week. I cannot wait to start getting my dress to fit properly. *Squee*.

No comments:

Post a Comment