Friday, July 24, 2015

#83 [Wedding] We've Set a Date and Chosen a Location!!!!

Last week Saturday, Sam and I went on a picnic for lunch. We decided to go to a really cool park that overlooks Lake Michigan (it's on a cliff) called Virmond Park. That was around 11am. When we got there, there was a wedding ceremony set up (just chairs and an arch, no people). It was right on the cliff overlooking Lake Michigan. It. Was. Gorgeous. Just for an idea what it looks like, here is a picture from a wedding. You really can't get the full effect, but it'll give you an idea:
<Source: Love Katie Photography>
See, you can see the Lake below off the cliff to the right? And isn't the picture hilarious? Of course I'd be terrified if that was me hoisted up and being thrown off a cliff. Unfortunately, that is the best picture I could find of the cliff. I guess I'll have to go take some pictures on my own.

Then on Tuesday, we went to meet with a potential venue. It is called Family Farm, LLC (the Event Loft, actually). There we met up with their even coordinator, Kathy. We weren't sure what to expect as neither of us has ever been there. So, we went with open minds. Of course by the time we got there (about 20 minutes from home), I realized I forgot my phone (to take pictures) and my tablet (to take notes). My tablet also had all my questions I wanted to ask on it. 
<Source>
So, I blundered my way through questions, thoughts, concerns, etc, even though I had 2 pages of questions I was meaning to ask Kathy. I'm going to e-mail all the questions that I may have forgotten in the next couple of days, but seriously, could I get any more flighty? Ugh.

Alright, moving on...

So, they were actually setting up for a wedding when we got there. They had a combination of rectangle banquet tables and round tables that I thought was pretty cool. They also had an old fashioned sleigh that gifts can be put in and an old fashioned wagon that had been set up as a dessert table which I thought was pretty cool!

I wish I could show you pictures! Looking at their site and what I can find on Google images, there are not a whole lot of pictures out there. Here are a few I could actually find!
<Source: Event Loft website>
<Source: Event Loft website>
And that's about it. It's quite beautiful on the inside and we can essentially decorate it however we'd like which is great. The Event Loft is part of the Family Farm, so we can actually have access to the Farm areas and for an additional small fee have hay rides for the younger kids which I think they would enjoy very much (perhaps during cocktail hour?). 

Oh, there is also a Bed and Breakfast on site that they're just finishing up the remodeling on right now. I can also rent space there to get ready in and stay the night there, which we probably will. 

Oh, then of course we chose a date for our little shindig. 
<Personal Paint.net job>
We're both incredibly excited to finally be planning all of this nonsense (lol). We've been together for 8 years, engaged for 7 years. It's about time we (as my mom would say) "hop to it, hop sing". I guess I'm finally starting to feel like a bride now that I'm planning all this important stuff, you know, like event spaces, caterers, photographers, and all that jazz.

What was the point when you finally started to feel like a bride? Was it gradual or was it more like an "aha" moment when everything was falling into place? 

<Source>


No comments:

Post a Comment