Hi everyone! I'm so excited! On Monday I called DB to make an appointment to try on dresses. They had an opening at 630. My MOH is 2 hours away and my BM was at work, so I called my bestie and my mom. My mom had Bible study, but she said she would cancel for me (I <3 my mom). I went in with a list of 5 dresses to try on. They only had 3 in stock and only 1 in the right size (I'm a plus size beauty). So, I tried on 2 of them + 1 my consultant wanted me to (this was my 5th time at DB and the 3rd time I've had this consultant, she's amazing!). The last one (#4) she said was similar to one of the ones I had wanted to try on but they didn't have in stock. I tried it on...without any veil or jewelry or tiara or anything...it got a 9 out of 10 (10 means I'm walking down the aisle in it). I said I LOVE this dress...then I asked for a cathedral length veil. My consultant put it on and I started crying I had found the one! I can't share pics because FH sometimes likes to stalk my blog (<3 him). But I also bought a flower for my hair for the reception...all for only $780 (includes undergarments)! All I need is her to be hemmed and she fits perfectly! I was able to buy her off the rack, veil, flower, and all :)
...Although I cannot share pics of her, yet, I will share my dress journey, because it was fun (and to tease you 0:D)
This was the second dress I ever tried on. I do not have a pic from the first as I went to a private salon and they did not allow pics...and I really didn't care for the dress either way.
Then I went thru the short dress phase
This dress below looked GREAT on me, but wasn't quite right
And then the gown-trying-on-from-hell...I tried on about 10 dresses, my BM tried on about 10 herself; we left empty-handed and down-trodden :(
These were 2 of the dresses from Monday Night
I had tried on this dress previously and almost purchased it, I'm sure glad I didn't
This was almost the dress...however it only got a 9 with all the accessories...
I needed a dress that stood by herself, and didn't need all the bells and whistles...like my dress which I am NOT sharing...no matter how much you beg and plead :)
<3 Mer
They look great! I just got my dress at DB this past weekend and I had a good experience, too. Are you going to get alterations done there as well? I've heard mixed things about their alterations...
ReplyDeleteI will get my alterations done there. I just need a hem and bustle. My dress fits me perfectly otherwise. My sister got her alterations done there and she didn't have any problems...I have noticed they are a bit pricier than other places, though.
Deletecongratulations!!! that's so exciting!!! I know trying on dresses can be exhausting and such a daunting task, can't wait to see what dress you pick!
ReplyDelete