<Source>
As I was reading, I decided it was super simple to do and made one myself! The DIY was quite easy but the directions were a few years out of date, so I kind of made it up as I was going along.
<Personal photo>
So what do you think? More detail, less detail, different colors, different font(s), etc. Please give me your honest opinion.
I have made up the names on the map, but it is of a real city, lol. This is just a screen shot from MS Word. I put the arrow on Apple Ave. because it actually is the street that merges with the Interstate and I would change the icon at the location of N. Kiwi St. and Plum Ave.
I think I'll have to use this (even if just on my website). I really think it's workable! Also, as an added bonus, Sam LOVES it! It's done. I'm using it! :D
What was/is your favorite DIY for your invitations? Did your guests use them/comment on them at all?
ETA: I have taken out Banana Ave. I feel it was way too busy (and Banana Ave. is not really essential to the map)
ETA: I have taken out Banana Ave. I feel it was way too busy (and Banana Ave. is not really essential to the map)


This is such a nifty idea! I featured a DIY invitation design on my blog here: http://www.storymixmedia.com/weddingmix/blog/2013/11/weekly-wedding-inspiration-top-10-rustic-wedding-ideas/
ReplyDeleteI just really liked the quaint rustic details :) Have you already sent you invites out?
Thanks! No, we're not getting married until next fall, so it'll be a bit yet.
Delete