<Source>
So, I put together my entire guest lists with names, addresses, how to address the invites (i.e. Dr, Mr, Rev, etc), and # inviting (with a column for RSVP #'s as well). I received the guest list from FMIL via e-mail so that was golden.
My guest list, on the other hand, is NOT golden. I had it all set to go. It was saved on my laptop. Very nicely, in fact. then my laptop died. I mean like DIED!!
<Source>
Ok, so maybe that's a bit extreme. It didn't really go up in smoke, lol. Well, anyhow, FH saved my sanity by taking the hard drive off the laptop and putting it in a different computer (because he's super smart like that). Well, I haven't seen it since and it is DRIVING ME INSANE!!!
I need my guest list! I need to read it and revise it and add names and subtract names and turn it purple and hug it and love it and squeeze it...err...anyway. I have to get this hammered out so we can actually see where we can feasibly have our awesomeness that we call a wedding.
Well, anyway. As of right now FH has approximately 160 people on his guest list; I have approximately (this may be wrong) 110 people on my guest list. This does not include our about 20 people I need to add and/or subtract since I last updated my guest list. Oh, goody.
<Source>
So, what are your super awesome secrets for getting through you guest lists? Did you cut back on them at all when you realized you were reaching somewhere around some number (I'm at 300 TOPS)? Any tips for me keeping my sanity while we plan our wedding?



Stopping by from WeddingBee! Have you accounted for declines when calculating your numbers? I believe decline rates typically hoover around 20% on average, which might be good news if you're a bit over your goal number!
ReplyDeleteThat would be fantastic! I don't believe I have, so good call on that :)
DeleteMake three lists and label them A, B and C. List A is family. List B are friends and List C are colleagues. From there you have to invite everybody from list A as family is first. Then you have to negotiate B and C. This worked for us. We were able to take this list to both of our parents and they were able to add their guests without having to cut anybody out. Viola!
ReplyDeleteDang, girl! You're amazing. Good advice, I'll definitely have to do this! :)
Delete