Especially since I need to start choosing mine! So, I should start with my favorite flowers of all time. Everyone thinks roses are the way to go. Calla lilies. You get the drift. I'm not big on flowers to begin with. However, apparently the flowers I like aren't really available in June (lilacs and daffodils).
![]() |
| Source |
Anyhow, I've contacted a few florists to see what they can do for me. I then hit up my favorite search engine in the whole world (Google) to come up with my list of questions I need to ask aforementioned florists. Let me tell you, brides.com is one of the best sites for information I've found for all my wedding needs.
![]() |
| One guess as to where I got this image! |
- Is my wedding date available
- How many other weddings will you be flowering (my words not theirs) that day?
- Have you done events at my venues before?
- Will you be doing any arrangements yourself or will there be another florist?
- How far in advance of the wedding will you create the bouquets and how will they be stored?
- Do you require a minimum budget?
- Can you work with my budget?
- What recommendations can you give me to maximize my budget?
- Do you offer specific packages or is everything customized?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you flowered?
- Portfolio?
- How would you describe you design style?
- Based on my wedding style and budget, what set of floral arrangements would I need?
- What flowers would you recommend based on the time of year/season, color palette, and budget?
- Which flowers can be substituted to better fit my budget?
- What types of bases do you suggest? Can I rent them or do I keep them?
- Can you create sample arrangements before I sign the contract? Is there an additional fee?
- How do you price your floral arrangements?
- What do you charge delivery?
- Do you charge extra for setup and breakdown?
- How long do you need to setup?
- What time will you arrive to deliver personal flowers and setup the ceremony and reception arrangements?
- Additional fees that haven't been taken into account?
- How far in advance do I need to secure your services?
- How much is the deposit and when is it due?
- When is the final payment due?
- When should I finalize the order?
- Will you provide me with an itemized floral proposal of all the elements we've discussed, along with prices?
- What is your refund policy if for some reason I need ot cancel my order?
- When can I expect to receive my contract from you?
Then I had to figure out what style of bouquets I wanted for myself and Sister P. So, I went to Pinterest.com (my second favorite search engine) to find styles of bouquets. Let's be honest here. I had no idea there we so many different styles! However, the super hand glossary below was definitely helpful! I know there are definitely styles I don't like (although, I do not have a favorite). The styles I do not care for are pageant, cascade, and pompander (except for flower girls).
![]() |
| Actually, if you click here, you'll find a lot of helpful diagrams! |
Moral of the story: I have no set plans. We also don't know what we want to do for our centerpieces. That is a whole different problem in it's own world. HA! So, what did you do for flowers? Did you have any ideas before you visited your florist? How far in advance did you decide on flowers?



No comments:
Post a Comment